Friday, February 26, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Bits of texts and emails that have come in over the past few days.

#1

Greetings,

Will anyone be traveling to the US in the coming days? I have a letter that

desperately needs to be mailed from any place in the US …

Kind regards,

Dan

#2

Dear Megobrebs—I’ ve been living in Tbilisi for about 4 years now and have never had a problem with the gas company, but this company apparently has instituted a draconian new policy that I wish to warn you about..

#3

Right before New Year, two men from the gas company came to the door..thinking that they were just checking the the meter, I let them in. They proceeded to inform me that we had not paid our bill (it was due the day before) and they were there to cut off the gas! But because I have a small baby at home, they gave me a warning and left. Then this month, again we were a day late paying the bill, and this time two women came and turned off the gas, while I was in the middle of cooking dinner. To get it turned back on, you have to go to the KazTransGas office for your district, pay your bill and a 5 lari fine. You can then go home, remove the seal and turn it back on yourself. If you tamper with the seal before paying up, you are subject to a 500 lari fine.

#4

Does anyone know if water is to be metered soon ? I quite enjoy my cheap water at the moment and would like to see the public reaction when the announce if they are introducing a new scheme...

#5

Hello Sports Fans,

So it is now official. The best place to catch Super Bowl XLIV is at Betsy's Hotel.

In addition to the joys of watching the Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints shoot it out with Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts, football fans, friends and companions dragged along, and all the rest of you who are just looking for a party at 3 a.m. Monday morning will receive:

Cheeseburgers

Salad

and chips

And your first beer free!

#6

Dear Miles,

Thank You.

Let me send you a deep appriciation from the whole staff of TSU Quality

Assurance Department. Our meeting seems to us to be a kind of symposium in

an ancient Greek tradition-an interesting dialogue, full of information

turns very heplfull to our staff.

Again planty of thanks for a web address of your home university.It would

be very helpfull also.

with best wishes and hope to see you soon.

anastasia

#7

Hello Miles, Thank you for interesting of my vision, From the experience, having shared and acquired at Nebraska university durring my stay here, I would might to have at my university the following things

1. The procedure of academic programs review

2. The procedures of evaluation of teaching quality

3. Student learning outcomes evaluation

4. Faculty governance engagement in implementing continuous quality enhancement principles within the faculty

5. Show how student can use theoretical knowledge in practice

No comments:

Post a Comment